Principal Engineer Structural
Requisition ID: R10127859
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
- Analyzes, researches, and develops F-16 structural engineering specifications involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment, and maintenance designs. Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling. Specific structural engineering specialties may include dynamics and loads and stability and stress fatigue. Tools utilized may include Creaform 3D scanners, VX elements, Solidworks and or NX, Bendtech, Catia, Teamcenter, and a variety of software applications.
Designs and applies technical solutions to a wide range of complex sustainment constraints spanning cross functional organizations in the following F-16 sustainment modernization functions:
- Development of depot level structural repairs
- Refinement and or development of structural technical data and or depot level process orders
- Identification and resolution of complex sustainment constraints
- Collaboration with Systems Program Office and depot engineers, technicians, equipment specialists, planners, and program managers
- Development of specialist tooling, jigs, templates, fixtures, and or support equipment for structural repairs
- Modernization and automation of depot processes to enhance throughput capacity
- Provide dispatchable engineering support to Systems Program Office and or Expeditionary Depot Maintenance teams upon request
- Excellent communication and people skills required to work with key stakeholders to achieve project objectives in a timely manner.
- Critical thinking and personal organizational skills required to capture and complete a project that meets all requirements.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of related Mechanical, Structural, or Design Engineering experience with a bachelor's degree; 3 years of experience with a related Master's degree
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
- 5+ years of aircraft design, repair, and or modernization experience
- 5+ years of CAD modeling software experience
- Fundamental understanding of GD&T
- Patent experience
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with leadership, peers, and employees
- Willing to travel 10%
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.