Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2 - Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
Requisition ID: R10128251
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Operations organization.
The selected candidate will lead a team of manufacturing engineers and production planners supporting non-recurring engineering planning for aircraft manufacturing (composite layup, cure, machining, assembly, metallic assembly, and subsystems).
This leadership position is located at our Clearfield, Utah facility.
- Lead a team of engineers and production planners that will support ME functions including, but not limited to: work instruction creation and maintenance, shop floor support, RCCA plan development, NRE tasks, process improvements and development
- Provide guidance to the team regarding business processes, best practices, and output metrics for work instructions and associated documentation
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations
- Interface with supporting departments to ensure program needs are met for non-recurring engineering deliveries
- Identify process improvements, captures feedback from Operations, and incorporates into the planning process
The selected candidate should steadfastly push self and others to achieve program goals, feel comfortable providing customer overviews and presentations, and be an advocate for a safe and professional work environment. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in diverse circumstances with the ability to anticipate roadblocks, as well as, be comfortable in an environment that provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline and 9 years of experience in aerospace or aviation manufacturing; OR 7 years with a Master's Degree; OR 4 years with a PhD
- Active DoD Secret Clearance investigated within the last 6 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain special program access prior to commencement of employment
- Active Special Program Access
- Prior experience leading or managing engineers or production planners
- Experience with aircraft composites layup, cure curing, trim, or bonded assembly
- Understanding of configuration management best practices
- Prior experience writing manufacturing planning in an aerospace environment
- Strong experience with aerospace business systems (SAP, CostPoint, Teamcenter, MRP software, ERP software)
- Experience in leadership of teams in resolving complex technical issues
- Experience in NX 11 or higher
What We Offer:
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation -- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, phenomenal learning opportunities, and exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a great 401K matching program, and 14 Employee Resource Groups inclusive of all employees!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.