Sr. Principal Engineer Manufacturing - 9355, 9356
Requisition ID: R10112573
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
What You’ll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will support and maintain the process and use of the Standard Request for Change/Information (SRC/I) tool in support of engineering change management in multiple environments. The selected candidate will use prior experiences in manufacturing and supplier integration to adhere to best practices in change management. The selected candidate will facilitate training, awareness, process creation, user help, and dispositioning of RC/I’s within the SRCI tool. Candidate will communicate and act as spokesperson to identify processes for disposition of RC/I’s and facilitate support between stakeholders and Suppliers clearly presenting technical approaches and findings.
The selected candidate will assist with Supplier’s understanding of Northrop Grumman’s design, manufacturing and quality requirements. Becoming a subject matter expert in the resolution of manufacturing issues when conformance to requirements is difficult. The individual will have a working knowledge of manufacturing engineering (ME) related processes for performing producibility analysis, creating manufacturing plans, creating Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM), creating work instructions, assessing supplier capabilities in conjunction with Integrated Product Team (IPT) MEs, and can assimilate metrics for internal and customer reporting. Work is performed under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives along with consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review.
Additionally, the selected candidate will:
- Evaluate and develop current process and procedures for SRC/I & Supplier Manufacturing Engineering (SME)
- Develop, train, maintain, and enforce process and procedures for SRC/I and SRC/I Helpdesk activity amongst stakeholders
- Create training and desktop instructions for Help Desk RCI/SME
- Collaborate with Sentinel Manufacturing Leads, Engineering Leads, and Global Supply Chain personnel to utilize the SRC/I tool.
- Integrate with other sectors to ensure SRC/I Help Desk & SME process is following corporate standards and digital environment requirements.
- Assist software team with testing & integration implementation of SRC/I to upstream/ downstream digital connections
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Work Schedule
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80A. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science with at least 9 years of relevant work experience; Masters Degree with at least 7 Years of relevant work experience; PhD with 4 Years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting using RC/I or equivalent process.
- Candidate must have a background with RC/I processes for suppliers.
- Experience working with suppliers and supplier management.
- Ability to develop and document standards, processes and procedures.
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail/ quality oriented strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, communicate urgency effectively, and able to work independently.
- Must be US Citizen with Current (active) DoD Secret Security Clearance granted or reinvestigated within the last 6 years.
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Prior experience with RC/I Tools and operating in a dynamic environment.
- Proven leader, problem solver, and possess a strong work ethic with excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work closely with teammates, stakeholders, and internal/external subcontractors.
- Experience with digital production planning tools and functions such as manufacturing execution systems.
- Experience in one or more areas of manufacturing operations (metallic, composite or plastic fabrication)
- Experience with supplier management teams and tools.
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher) and current program special access to Sentinel.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.