Sentinel - Principal/Sr Principal Systems Engineer – Post Flight Data Processing (1327-2)
Requisition ID: R10129207
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/Sr Principal Systems Engineer - Post Flight Data Processing in support of the Sentinel program. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities, and associated infrastructure. This position is located in Roy, UT. This position may be filled at a higher level based on qualifications listed below.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Flight test data processing including data quality checks and best bit selection of raw telemetry data.
- Supporting development of the Test Data Management System.
- Work with stakeholders to understand Software and System Metrics requirements and analyze data from different data sources.
- Create data visualizations using Tableau or similar dashboard.
- Real time telemetry decommutation and display (such as IADS).
- Participating in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers (internal/external) and contributing to a broad range of program deliverables.
- Interface with senior management, peers, and employees.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3 years with a Master's degree; 1 year with a PhD. (Sr Principal level requires 9 years with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years with a Master's degree; or 4 years with a PhD)
- Must be a US Citizen with an active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date in the last 6 years, and the ability to obtain Special Access Program (SAP).
- Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years).
- Current SAP.
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar.
- Experience in scripting and automation.
- Familiarity/knowledgeable with Web Application Development frameworks; Understanding of HTML/ CSS.
- Experience with version control tools such as GitHub/GitLab/Gitbucket.
- Business Intelligence and Data Visualization experience using tools like Tableau, Cognos, or Power BI.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleansing, and transformation techniques.
- Understanding of Agile Software Development.
- Experience with telemetry processing.
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.