Principal Engineer Mechanical
Requisition ID: R10105162
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space work connects and protects millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer for I&T. This position will be located at our Space Systems Sector in Gilbert, Arizona.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Tactical Space Systems.
This position is defined as a Principal Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) design engineer. Mechanical Ground Support Equipment is used to support the integration, test and launch of spacecraft. The candidate will support the design modeling and drawing efforts utilizing Creo. In particular, the Engineer will create or update layout drawings, fabrication drawings and engineering change orders, give design review presentations and perform some fundamental types of analysis (e.g. strength of materials).
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 5 years of related experience OR Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience
- At least 3 years’ experience with design modeling and drawing efforts using 3-D modeling tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance or SCI access
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Previous experience in MGSE design, fabrication, and proof load testing
- Demonstrated ability/desire to lead design efforts of less experienced engineers
- Experience in structural analysis using hand calculations and Finite Element Methods
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.