Principal Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID: R10129868
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Sunnyvale, California, United States of America | Cape Canaveral, Florida, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems – Marine Systems (NGMS-MS) is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer to participate in the development and ongoing support of new and existing launcher hardware design, hardware procurement, production, and test activities.
Responsibilities can include but not limited to:
- Design of missile launch hardware using solid modeling tools
- Select and evaluate materials suitable for underwater systems
- Participate in the resolution of technical and complex issues related to launcher hardware
- Participate in the generation and revision of engineering drawings, reports, and procedures
- Interface directly with customer and management to status activities
- Coordinate planning and scheduling of major activities
- Willing to travel domestically required.
Basic Qualifications for Principal Mechanical Engineer:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Bachelor’s degree or three (3) years of experience with a Master’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Ability to plan tasks and execute to the established schedule
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal lead or management oversight
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance
- Experience with CAD modeling (NX, CREO, SolidWorks, or equivalent)
- Experience in ASME Y14.5 and ASME Y14.100 Dimensioning, Tolerancing, and Engineering Drawing Practices
- Experience in developing design concepts, performing trade studies, and conducting evaluations and analyses
- Strong background in machine design, strength of materials, and materials technology
- Experience in executing projects in cross-functional matrix organization with other engineering disciplines
- Experience in technical presentation and interfacing with customers
- Experience in working with vendors and suppliers
- An active DOD Secret clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.