Manager Quality Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10124107
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Quality & Mission Excellence Organization. This position is located in Baltimore, MD.
The Quality Engineering Manager 2 will be responsible for leading a high performing team of program quality engineers supporting the Land & Maritime Sensors (LMS) Business Unit (BU). Candidates to have a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills combined with a “can do” attitude is essential. This position will report to the LMS BU Mission Assurance Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs or assures first-time quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Establishes strong business relationships with customers and suppliers along with programs, cell leadership and cross functional organizations.
- Collaborates with DCMA to ensure product/process compliance and strong delivery performance.
- Acts with agility to business needs and interact in collaborative way to empower diverse, cross functional teams, including both internal and external members to achieve positive business results, including operating decisions, scheduling requirements and contractual compliance.
- Develops and administers staffing plans, budgets, and standards of performance.
- Applies extensive technical knowledge in industry standard quality engineering methods, interpretation of drawing requirements and applicable specifications & standards.
- Effectively communicates program execution status and quality metrics to program management and senior leadership.
- Leads continuous improvement and Lean initiatives to drive waste and defect elimination.
- Audits programs and quality systems for risk, deficiency and effectiveness and support third party audits.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM discipline from an accredited university
- Nine (9) + years of experience in Quality Engineering, Program Management, Engineering or Manufacturing (Seven (7)+ years with a relevant master's degree)
- Leadership experience leading teams and projects
- Exposure to manufacturing control system such as SAP
- Experience with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Mentoring lesser experienced personnel experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interfacing with customers
- Exposure to Lean and Statistical Process Control concepts.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance. US citizenship required.
- Micro electronics manufacturing experience
- Five (5) + years of experience managing teams.
- Ability to attain advanced security clearances.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification.
- Exposure to Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
- Material Review Board (MRB) experience.
- Experience with technical and project management.
- Business Acquisition Process (BAP)/Proposal experience.
- Experience in adjudicating hardware manufacturing issues.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.