Staff Engineer Quality
Requisition ID: R10124572
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a high caliber Staff Quality Engineer with a background in Mission/Quality Assurance, program execution, software, hardware, and systems engineering, to join the Mission Assurance team in Salt Lake City, UT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Quality Engineer will ensure compliance with all contractual requirements, and sector/division policies and procedures, while contributing to the program’s effective process implementation.
Tasks will include:
Independently assessing program cost, and schedule; Assists in the performance of independent quality reviews to ensure compliance with contractual and customer requirements; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction assuring process and product quality. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards, and that documentation is compliant with requirements. Assuring the quality of software and hardware engineering and test verification activities and participating in software development and test peer reviews.
May specialize in the areas of design, inspection of incoming product, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM related field and 14 years of related experience in supporting mission/quality assurance, systems engineering, systems integration, software engineering, software development, software test processes, hardware engineering and development or program management; 12 years with a Master's degree in a STEM related field; 9 years with a PhD in a STEM related field
- Solid written and verbal interpersonal, communication skills and confidence to brief senior management with solid foundation in Mission Assurance applications.
- Good understanding of the specific AS9100 Standards impacting program performance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Quality Assurance experience
- Knowledge of RCCA process
- Excellent data analysis skills
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.