Sr/Principal Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: R10129046
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift 12 hrs - Fri, Sat, Sun (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
We are looking for you to join our team as a Sr./Principal Quality Engineer based out of Salt Lake City, UT.
What You’ll get to Do:
- Help define and monitor mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of responsible programs.
- Assist with supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of quality policy and procedures within the Quality Management System (QMS) including helping to perform internal audits to assess conformance.
- Assist with the review of practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
- Review drawings and specifications and have solid requirement interpretations
- Represent Mission Assurance at various program reviews and review boards including but not limited to Configuration Control Board (CCB), Material Review Board (MRB), Program Management Reviews (PMR), Design/Peer Reviews, Manufacturing/Test Readiness Reviews and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place based on the guidance and needs of the team
- Level 3 (Principal Engineer): 5 Years of relevant quality and manufacturing experience with bachelor's in science in Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Industrial, or similar); 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Level 4 (Sr. Principal Engineer): 9 Years of relevant quality and manufacturing experience with bachelor's in science in Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Industrial, or similar); 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- A basic knowledge of interpreting customer technical and MA requirements, and ensure these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings.
- Familiarity with metrics and statistical analysis to help the team to use data to drive improvements. Track and report monthly quality performance metrics
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
- Strong knowledge of MRB (Material Review Board) standards.
- Strong understanding of Lean principles with experience leading and implementing significant improvements such as mistake proofing
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills - Project Management Skills
- Experience Customer coordination skills
- Highly self-motivated person, able to take the initiative to become involved in activities to help resolve problems and make improvements.
- Quality and/or Lean certifications
- First Article Inspections Expert
- GD&T Expertise
- Metrics development and data analysis
This requisition may be filled as a Senior Principal Engineer or Principal Engineer based on experience.
What We Can Offer You –
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment which encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your benefits will include the following: Health Plan, Savings Plan, Paid Time Off and Additional Benefits including Education Assistance, Training and Development, 9/80 Work Schedule (where available), and much more!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.