Sr Principal Engineer Systems - Guidance Section Requirement & Verification Product Owner
Requisition ID: R10117395
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Weapon Systems) to join the Advanced Programs team to develop complex, next generation, state of the art weapon systems.
You will be a member of a high performing, systems engineering team interacting with customers, program management, as well as cross-functional teams of engineers and senior technologists. As a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Weapon Systems), the selected candidate will serve as the Guidance Section Requirement & Verification Product Owner for the SiAW Program. This role requires the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
This position includes the execution of all aspects of the Guidance Section subsystem design, data analyses, interface verification, testing and failure/anomaly resolution for the Stand-in Attack Weapon missile system development - including seekers, navigation sensors, apertures, signal processing and Guidance, Navigation, and Control algorithms.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Guidance Section Requirement & Verification Product Owner for the SiAW Program functioning in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Implement and manage system requirements in the Requirements Management databases (DOORS)
- Provide data for and support risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
Execute Guidance Section subsystem design, data analyses, interface verification, testing and failure/anomaly resolution.
Develop test plans and procedures as a team effort and supports the testing and verification components and subsystems of the Guidance Section.
Prepare and present materials during weekly reporting to the Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) and support program major milestone meetings.
Regularly interface with IPTL, team members and other Product Owners.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or aerospace engineering or similar, with a minimum of nine (9) years of related experience; Master's degree with seven (7) years of related experience; PhD with four (4) years of related experience.
- Current Active DoD Secret clearance or higher with a Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years
- Strong and demonstrated experience working in Agile, Jira and on a Scrum Team.
- Strong working knowledge of RF Sensors and system integration.
- Proven technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to manage Guidance Section subsystem level requirements and performance assessments and execute system level verification, data review activities and requirements gap analyses.
- Resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously as team effort.
- Willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines.
Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, avionics, software systems, and their design drivers
A strong experience base in Active Seekers and Active Seeker Integration.
A strong experience base in Passive Sensor and Passive Sensor Integration.
A strong experience base in Power Systems and Power Systems Integration.
A strong experience base in Air-to-Ground Missile Systems.
A strong experience base in Component Testing, Subsystem Testing and Flight Testing.
Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley.
Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year, it is safe to say you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest.
To learn even more about our site please visit this link Northrop Grumman in Northridge, California - Northrop Grumman
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.