Sr Principal Engineer Software (Command and Control)
Requisition ID: R10126044
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States of America | Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America+ 2 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, but they’re also making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGPS) seeks to fill a Senior Principal Software Engineer in the Payload and Ground Systems Division Engineering organization supporting Integrated National Systems (INS) Business Unit (BU) to support a new Ground program. This position can be filled at our Morrisville, NC, Fairfax, VA, or Linthicum, MD offices.
What you’ll get to do?
As a Software Engineer on this team, you will support a team of engineers to design, develop, document, test, and debug applications software for a Ground Segment. In this role, you will be supporting the program by developing for the C2 subsystem and may assist in the role of deputy product owner.
We have multiple Software Engineering positions across the Ground program, on contract to deliver the Ground Segment for a restricted space program. This work will span command and control, mission planning and scheduling, mission processing, and system infrastructure. We have anticipated future growth to deliver additional ground capabilities.
This role is for a software developer on the program who may assist in the role of deputy product owner supporting the team in Agile planning and execution using Jira and Confluence.
The successful candidate will have experience with requirements, ICDs, Command and Control software development and test. Additionally, the individual will have software development experience, with the ability to digest changes and synthesize them into working designs, generate efficient code according to the specifications, adapt to changes as necessary that are driven by bugs or specification updates or the customer. The candidate is expected to operate independently with little oversight in a dynamic environment, to be highly self-motivated, reporting information to leads and the customer. The individual is expected to handle diverse assignments with efficiency, finding unique solutions and working in a very collaborative and fast paced environment that continues to grow.
Basic Qualifications for Senior Principal Software Engineer:
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience with Java
- Experience with scripting in Python/Perl.
- Experienced with the Agile process
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated experience quickly learning new concepts and approaches
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and willing to submit to a polygraph
- TS/SCI clearance crossover is required prior to start date.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Polygraph (CI or FSP)
- Experience with Agile development
- Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers, and customers
- Excellent technical writing and team building skills
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.