Sentinel (GBSD) Sr. Staff Guidance Navigation & Control (GN&C) Software Technical Lead – 10710
Requisition ID: R10125163
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Sr. Staff Guidance Navigation & Control (GN&C) Software Technical Lead . This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel program.
Integration of application, system, and device layers on multiple targets, including real-time embedded targets and scientific targets. Perform performance measurement and throughput optimization. Develop memory design and construction of tools to achieve allocation of low-level object code to meet a memory allocation model. Enable and participate in testing of real-time software; assist in integrating embedded software and real-time hardware within computer-in-the-loop simulations. Develop specific versions of software to meet peculiar test requirements. Collaborate with software consumers to identify and track issues, revise requirements, and establish suitability for purpose.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD or 4 additional years in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
- Proficiency in C++.
- Proficiency in working with real time embedded software.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance.
- Technical leadership skills managing technical scope and effective teaming with leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to provide management inputs for SW metrics and schedule planning.
- Proven ability to detail plan technical scope and execution.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in algorithmic application development and optimization
- Experience in real-time embedded software development, including real-time multi-threaded architecture design, w/ knowledge of guidance and control systems.
- Experience with VxWorks and/or Integrity Operating Systems.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with Coverity.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set, Kubernetes, Model Based Engineering, and DevSecOps best practices.
- Excellent integration troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in building low-level code to interact with devices and hardware.
- Experience in compilation and link techniques for achieving memory usage and partitioning design objectives.
- Familiarity with assembly and low-level code optimization.
- Familiarity with Board Support Package development and test.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.