Requisition ID: R10060564
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Australia Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia | Symonston, Australian Capital Territory, Australia+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: Australia Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret (NV1)
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
We’re building a reputation as the place to be in Defence. With strong local management, sound investment and a fresh approach, we’re on an exciting trajectory and building unique capability. Leveraging the kind of leading-edge US capabilities and technology most can only imagine, our close-knit 800 strong team is busy delivering World-leading innovative and sustainable solutions to safeguard Australia’s future. And, together, we’re growing a business where everyone contributes and everyone matters.
As the Australian Defence Force and Government agencies explore new capabilities and technologies, there has never been a better time for collaborative innovators to join us developing our extraordinary portfolio of offerings with the full backing and encouragement of our parent company. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way.
We are now looking for open-minded Software Engineers keen to apply their experience to a breadth of programs and projects at various stages of their respective lifecycles.
Ideally, you’ll have experience and exposure to principles in any of the following:
- Proficiency in multiple languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python
- Software Architecture and implementation for assured systems
- Assured software processes such as DO-278 or DO-178
- Software engineering for enterprise and real-time embedded systems
- Contemporary approaches to software development such as Agile
- DevSecOps tools and processes within a CD/CI environment
- Containerisation and virtualisation
- Modelling and Simulation
- Interface Design and Management including design of Graphical User Interfaces
What we offer
Whatever your role, life stage or background, you can shape your career here in your way with highly challenging work, great colleagues and career development, plus a range of flexible benefits and working patterns.
- Professional Development – further education, leadership development, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training
- Options for flexible & hybrid work including 9 day fortnight
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous paid parental leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount Program
Doing the Right Thing and Sharing Success are two of our values underpinning how we behave at Northrop Grumman. Here, everyone matters and we are proud to encourage individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply to join our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Defining Possible is our mantra and we are committed to making sure that works for our people’s careers too. What’s Your Possible?
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.