Requisition ID: R10116687
- Category: Engineering
- Location: New Malden, London, United Kingdom
- Citizenship required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Security Check (SC)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £37,000 - £53,000
Role Clearance Type: You must be able to gain and maintain UK Government clearance
Location: Burlington House, New Malden, Kingston-Upon-Thames, London, UK.
About Your Opportunity:
Work on pioneering projects using cutting-edge technology for strategically important National Defence Programmes.
We are growing our Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. Working within an Agile environment, with a focus on C and C++, your experience will cover a range of technologies to help provide multi-domain Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions for our customers internationally.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexibility to move between projects, including internal research and development work looking at new technologies and business opportunities, plus flexible working patterns and hybrid working arrangements.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Work in Agile feature delivery teams to design, build, deliver and support critical customer systems using the latest techniques and technologies
- Assist with the set up/design of a project's software and hardware development environment, and CI/CD pipeline
- Take responsibility for ensuring work packages are completed on schedule and within budget
- Build up technical knowledge of company’s existing products and any new product and project developments
- Be pro-active in keeping products up to date with evolving technologies
- Proven experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience in object-orientated software design and programming using C++, ATL, COM, XML and UML
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Experienced in troubleshooting software applications and components
- Fluent in software configuration management, such as Git/BitBucket
Your Future Team:
“My aim is to build a software team that attracts the strongest candidates, and allows them to reach their full potential in a trusted environment with excellent job security and growth prospects.”
Dave Brunton – Software Manager @ Northrop Grumman UK
We are an open, friendly and supportive team of approximately 45 engineers across software, test and systems disciplines, with a great balance of experienced and junior engineers all working together to deliver quality systems. We are clear about our focus on addressing what the customer needs - via new feature development or supporting existing systems.
Our matrix driven organisation provides new experiences and skills, with continuous development both at a functional level and at a programme level. We are proud of our quality of work.
Diversity is at the heart of our success. Our team share experience, knowledge and new thinking gained from a wide range of backgrounds perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements across several industries. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Possibly, I’d like to find out more – email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with one of our Sourcing Specialists who will be happy to support you with any enquires.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Defence Business:
Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign software and systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the Royal Navy. We pioneer – with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Find out more: https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/job-search-united-kingdom/
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.