Principal/Sr Principal JAVA Software Engineer (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10118682
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is searching for Software Engineers (multiple positions) to join the Command and Control, Communication and Computer Missile Defense (C4MD) Business Unit in support of our programs, in Huntsville, AL. This position is capable of placing candidates anywhere within C4MD, MRPS, any programs like ABAD, IBCS, Wisla, SHORAD, and/or IRADs.
The selected candidates’ task encompasses the following: Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with systems engineers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
This requisition may be filled at Principal or Sr Principal Software Engineer level:
- Principal SW Engineer - Bachelor's degree in STEM (and 5 years of relevant experience; or 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD) or additional years of experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- Sr Principal SW Engineer - Bachelor's degree in STEM (and 9 years of relevant experience, or Masters and 5 years, or PhD and 3 years) or additional years of experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- Active Secret Security Clearance is required
- Experience with JAVA (work experience)
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with collaborating in or using source code control environment (such as GitHub)
- Understanding of all phases of software development, and practical experience in an Agile / Dev*Ops environment
For all positions: Following are good to have, but are not required:
- Security+ certification
- Experience testing SW for performance and functionality based on requirement specification and ability to identify and document exact sequence of activities desired
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience developing Eggplant software or Squish/ Froglogic.
- OpenGL and Front end experience
- OSGi services experience
- Experience in Air & Missile Defense Command and Control programs such as PATRIOT, SENTINEL, C2BMC or THAAD or any sensor/weapon system, Link 16 experience
- R (Language)
- Julia (Language)
- Web Scraping
- REST API
- Git / Version control
- Numerical Computing / Optimization
- Scrum Master experience
- Dev Ops experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.