iReturn Software/Principal Software Engineer (Career break of at least 2 years)
Requisition ID: R10118726
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Interim Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 2
The Northrop Grumman iReturn program provides experienced professionals with internal support, mentors, and connections with other iReturn employees to transition back to a full-time career in one of several fields at Northrop Grumman through training, professional development, and networking opportunities. The iReturn program focuses on providing a seamless transition back into the workforce.
At Northrop Grumman, we understand that sometimes we must pause our professional lives to support our family and loved ones. After taking a career break to care for children, aging parents or other family obligations, the road to return to work can be intimidating. iReturn can be the steppingstone in returning to your career.
We’re seeking applicants with prior work experience in the outlined discipline who have a recent career break of at least 2 years.
Learn more about the iReturn program here.
- Career Break of at least two (2) years.
- Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree in STEM and 2+ years of relevant experience, or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree in STEM and 5+ years of relevant experience, or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with JAVA (work experience), OR the willingness to learn JAVA
- Familiarity with C++, Python
- Experience with collaborating in or using source code control environment (such as GitHub)
- Understanding of all phases of software development, and practical experience in an Agile / Dev*Ops environment
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Security+ certification
- Experience testing SW for performance and functionality based on requirement specification and ability to identify and document exact sequence of activities desired
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience developing Eggplant software or Squish/ Froglogic.
- OpenGL and Front end experience
- OSGi services experience
- Experience in Air & Missile Defense Command and Control programs such as PATRIOT, SENTINEL, C2BMC or THAAD or any sensor/weapon system, Link 16 experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.