Sr Principal Engineer Software
Requisition ID: R10126594
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Do you like rockets? Would you like to be part of the future of aerospace? This is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual interested in performing and leading software development for space launch systems.
The Software Engineering team is hiring for a Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer, located in Chandler, Arizona.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 9 years of related engineering experience; OR a Master’s degree in STEM with 7 years of related engineering experience, or a PhD in STEM with 4 years of related experience.
- Industry experience developing Object Oriented (OO) software using C++
- Linux based software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Python programming language
- Spacecraft or launch systems software development
- Avionics Telemetry
- Embedded real time operating systems (RTOS) environments (LynxOS, VxWorks, Integrity, ...)
- PowerPC processors (PPC 750, 8280)
- Symmetric Multiprocessing on real time Linux
- Digital communications protocols (Ethernet, RS422, CAN, etc)
- Jira, Git
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.