Sr Principal Engineer Software - NGP
Requisition ID: R10127746
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Azusa, California, United States of America | Redondo Beach, California, United States of America | Boulder, Colorado, United States of America+ 2 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector seeks a Senior Principal Software Engineer (Level 4) to join our Next Generation Polar Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) mission management ground software team. We will consider staff engineers in software for the need (level 5).
As a selected candidate you can support the design, development, documentation, testing, integration, and debugging of software. You can ensure software standards are met. Understanding the importance of collaborating with a diverse team and across disciplines in an often-dynamic environment is a philosophy you share and demonstrate. At this point in your career, you have great problem-solving skills and are an expert software developer and tester. You work with minimal direction and can refine task details independently. Determining and developing technical solutions to complex problems is something you enjoy and thrive on. Continual skill development and knowledge expansion of your software and engineering expertise is part of your life. You live to solve challenges! Our mission to protect people, property, and democracy through the sensors we build is important to you.
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders, and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees! Initiatives for diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to you and you value the differences in your teammates and your teammate’s perspectives. You understand that such diversity leads to the optimal solutions to meet our customers’ needs and you want to share your own voice in that process.
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
- For the senior principal software engineer candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 9 years of related software engineering experience OR a master’s degree in a STEM field with 7 years of related software engineering experience, OR a PhD in a STEM field & 5 years of related software engineering experience. Note that candidates with experience as a staff engineer in software, or the equivalent, will be considered.
- Experience with the full SW lifecycle with emphasis upon software design, development, as well as verification and validation
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented design and development
- Expertise with the following languages: Java and Python
- Red Hat Linux operating system experience
- Previous participation on an Agile scrum team or familiarity with the Agile process
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret level clearance.
- Experience developing or working with Persistent GEOINT Mission Management software or Mission Management Software
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and analytic skills.
- Thrive on colleague interactions and collaborations.
- Active DoD Secret level clearance or higher.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.