Staff Embedded Software Engineer - Active Clearance (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10098915
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Are you an experienced engineering professional looking for a rewarding and challenging career as a Staff Embedded Software Engineer to support advanced weapons concepts? If so, Northrop Grumman Defense Systems onsite in Northridge, California may be the employer for you!
In this role, you will be working with other engineers and analysts to implement advanced weapon technologies. You will translate key functional requirements into software requirements and begin the development of the software architecture. From there, you will then assess existing software for possible reuse in combination with new development, then support System Integration Lab development.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Software requirements development
- Software architecture and detailed design
- Software implementation
- Software test
- Software requirements verification and validation.
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics
- Current/active U.S Government issued DoD Secret Clearance - issued or adjudicated within the past five (5) years.
- 14+ years C/C++ programming experience.
- Extensive experience in software implementation of System Security concepts/solutions (AT, Cyber)
- Experienced in embedded systems software development, integration, and testing.
- Experienced in CMMI Level 3 software development processes
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics
- Current/Active TS Clearance
- Working knowledge of aircraft interfaces and weapon system integration
- Object-oriented design and implementation
- Unified Modeling Language (UML): Rational Rhapsody or similar
- Knowledge in System Security concepts/solutions (AT, Cyber)
*Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley.
Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach or snow ski at our local mountains. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year, it is safe to say you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest.
For more information, please click on this link below:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.