Software Engineer - NG Space Systems - TS Clearance Required
Requisition ID: R10111203
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The Consolidated Operations and Anomaly Support Team (COAST) is a restricted Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program with several Integrated Project Teams (IPTs). The Software Engineering IPT focuses on the sustainment of several mission operational product lines, as well as the development of new capabilities as coordinated with the Customer.
The Software Engineering IPT is a large team comprising multiple subsystems, each with a specialized software focus. We are looking for an energetic and passionate software engineer to join our team as we work to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in support of our Customer’s national security mission.
The position offers domestic and international travel opportunities.
Basic Qualifications for the Software Engineer:
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access prior to start date
- A master’s degree in computer science (or a related field) and 0 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree in computer science (or a related field) and 2 years of experience; an additional 4 years of experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree
- Experience programming with C++ and/or Java Objected-Oriented design and development
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system
Preferred Qualifications for the Software Engineer:
- Familiarity with Eclipse RCP
- Experience coding and designing user interfaces
- Experience in the user experience design process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees, management, and stakeholders
- Previous participation on an Agile scrum team or familiarity with the Agile process
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment using git
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.