Manager Software Engineering 2 - NG Space Systems
Requisition ID: R10112774
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The Consolidated Operations and Anomaly Support Team (COAST) is a restricted Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program with several Integrated Project Teams (IPTs). The Software Engineering IPT focuses on the sustainment of several mission operational product lines, as well as the development of new capabilities as coordinated with the Customer.
The Software Engineering IPT is a large team comprising multiple subsystems, each with their specialized software focus. We are looking for an energetic and passionate Software Engineering Manager to join our team as we work to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in support of our Customer’s national security mission.
The selected candidate will lead a team with diverse skillsets including software development, system administration, and cybersecurity. They will provide the technical and people leadership skills needed to establish and maintain a world class Software Engineering organization and have overall responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, and product support of state-of-the-art solutions.
Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting functional management activities such as staffing and workload forecast; employee engagement, mentoring and career development; and identification and training of skills required to execute on the program
- Supporting Business Strategy Efforts (including proposals, gate reviews, and independent review teams as necessary)
- Providing the processes and tools required to meet the current and future needs of program
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access prior to start date
- 9 years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Previous ground systems experience with technical background in ground system requirements development, design, software development, software integration & test
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective processes, implement process improvements and streamline activities
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Prior leadership role as a technical lead or project manager
- Experience with Agile software development practices, including leadership roles such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, etc.
- Knowledge of latest software development trends and technologies, operating systems, networks, and cyber security
- Experience managing an IT support (or similar) team
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.