Manager Software Engineering 2 - NG Space Systems - TS/SCI Clearance
Requisition ID: R10126756
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The 20% part-time section manager role will have overall responsibility for staffing, knowledge transfer, training, educational reimbursement, and the Workday performance management lifecycle (goal planning, midpoint reviews, year-end reviews, alignment/calibration, and compensation planning). Ideal candidate will have previous section management experience or a strong desire to learn the functional management role and responsibilities and a strong technical background in software of systems engineering.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to recruit, manage and retain employees. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring, coaching, and knowledge transfer are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The part-time functional Section Manager will be responsible for 10 – 12 software, cyber, and/or systems engineers
- Support functional management activities such as staffing and workload forecast; employee engagement, mentoring and career development; identification and training of skills required to execute on programs
- Participate in sourcing, recruiting, onboarding, and performance management
- Support Business Strategy Efforts (including proposals, gate reviews, independent review team, NAR/ICE, as necessary)
- Providing the processes and tools required to meet the current and future needs of programs and technologies within the NGSP portfolio
- Active SCI clearance or active Top-Secret clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI clearance
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong technical background performing on a program of record
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective processes, implement process improvements and streamline activities
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Ongoing position in PGS organization with 80% coverage
- Leadership role on program (Technical Lead, SPM or Deputy SPM)
- Experience with program reviews and business development activities
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Current NGSP PGSD employee working within the GES or MCS OU at Space Park
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.