Staff Software Engineer (PGS Space Systems - Ruby)
Requisition ID: R10127816
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Ruby is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our diverse team, working on ground systems for restricted satellite systems or in software development for payload management software. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design, develop, document, test, and debug software written in various computer languages, and ensure software standards are met.
- Bachelor's degree with 14 years of relevant experience; Master's degree with 12 years of relevant experience; PhD with 9 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance, and the ability to obtain SCI
- Experience with JAVA, C/C++ on Linux-based systems
- Experience with scripting languages (csh, Perl, Python)
- Experience in developing satellite ground systems, in areas of telemetry, tracking, and commanding or mission management
- Experience in software development for payload management software; includes software design, implementation, integration, test, and documentation to program and customer standards
- Knowledge of payload commanding, spacecraft command and control, telemetry processing, and time and frequency management
- Experience in visualizations/user experience and cloud architectures
- Experience with git and ClearQuest
- Experience with a Java IDE (Eclipse or NetBeans), Jboss, Java Messaging Services, Eclipse RCP
- Experience with relational database design and SQL programming
- Experience in Agile software development
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.