Manager Software Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10130264
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The Payload and Ground Systems Division (PGSD) has an immediate need for a Sub-Project Manager (SPM) in their ground systems Software (SW) Configuration Management (SCM) area in support of two large SCI/restricted programs. These programs include the sustainment of several mission-critical and operational SW product lines as well as the development of new capabilities as coordinated with the Customer. The Sub-Project Manager (SPM) will manage a team which will include about 8 to 10 SW engineers and configuration analysts. The technical manager must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills, and work closely with the Software (SW) Assistant Program Manager (APM) and SW Deputy APMs. The candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and management of the Sub-Project, including team tasking and support of management meetings and reviews. This position requires coordination and interfacing with the other SW Sub-Projects, Systems Engineering, external customers, and site personnel. Candidate will work in a dynamic team environment, ensuring personnel follow well-defined processes. The candidate must have the ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and oversight, and mentor junior engineers.
- A minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Current SCI access or current DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access prior to start date
- Clear understanding of the role of the SCM team on a software project and the processes and requirements for success
- Experience leading a team of SCM professionals, including software engineers and configuration analysts
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Degree(s) in STEM discipline(s)
- Experience working with internal and external customers
- Previous experience with Atlassian tools (e.g. Jira, BitBucket, Confluence), DevOps pipeline development, and Automation
- Agile/DevOps experience with Scrum Master and Product Ownership experience highly desirable
- Previous in-depth domain knowledge of software design and code development preferred
- Five or more years of previous management experience as a Deputy SPM or Technical Lead
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in running SW Discrepancy Review Boards (SDRBs) is a plus
- Previous Mission One experience is a plus
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Note: The candidate selected for this position will also assume a 20% part-time functional section manager role and will have overall responsibility for staffing, knowledge transfer, training, educational reimbursement, and the Workday performance management lifecycle (goal planning, midpoint reviews, year-end reviews, alignment/calibration, and compensation planning).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.