Staff Engineer Software
Requisition ID: R10127691
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Ventura, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman has an immediate opening for a Staff Software Engineer. As a Staff Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman, you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Agile and DevSecOps practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
What You’ll get to Do:
The Staff Software Engineer will work on software systems for mission systems in all phases of the software development lifecycle, primarily in C#/C/C++. The selected individual will interface with end users to develop software architectures that achieve mission goals; with systems engineering to flow down software requirements and technical specifications; with hardware engineering to develop mission system applications; and with system operators to improve system performance. Responsibilities include identifying risks, suggesting mitigation, tracking defects, developing resolutions, and reporting status. The individual will also be expected to develop and execute unit tests and build verification test plans, and track and report test status. Additionally, the selected individual will conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and additional technical documents.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design/develop software solutions for mission systems in a collaborative environment, incorporating end-user feedback when available.
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews, and other reviews, as required
- Participate in the technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end-to-end system point of view.
- Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a small team environment.
- As part of the field engineering team, you will have the opportunity to deploy with the mission systems and provide the following support:Troubleshoot Hardware/Software issues
- Perform system and computer maintenance
- Perform network troubleshooting
- Develop procedures and generate reports
- Work closely with the Active Duty/Government customer and collaborate with internal Northrop Grumman engineering teams
Basic Qualifications for Staff Software Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and a minimum of 15 years of related experience including software design, testing and maintenance.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI eligibility prior to starting.
- Must have the ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP) prior to starting.
- Demonstrated success programming in C/C++/C#
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance
- Experience in algorithmic application development and optimization
- Software Development and/or Software Engineering background with an Agile/DevSecOps mindset
- Experience in real-time embedded software development knowledge of for defense applications such as Radar, SONAR, sensor control, data acquisition
- Experience with software version control management tools such as Git, GitHub, Subversion etc.
- Experience with GPUs
- Experience with database back-ends SQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and/or Oracle
- Experience designing and supporting database applications for configuration management, data management, task workflow, logistics, etc
- Experience with GreenHills, VxWorks and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with High Performance Computing
- Active TS/SCI clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.