Engineer DevOps/Principal Engineer DevOps
Requisition ID: R10092105
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, but they’re also making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, and innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
- Responsible for planning and evolving processes and infrastructure to execute programs supporting rapid capability maturation and deployment.
- Integrates development pipelines leveraging automation with test-driven development tools and continuous integration/test frameworks.
- Define and implement the build, deployment, provisioning, and monitoring standards for the program.
- Ensures implementation of Software Configuration Management (SCM), code quality, and code coverage with automated testing for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Work as part of an Agile development team to deliver end-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management framework.
- Build and configure delivery environments supporting CD/CI tools using an Agile delivery methodology.
- Create scripts and/or templates to automate infrastructure provisioning and management tasks.
- Work closely with development teams to create an automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) system.
- Work together with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Monitor and support all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Develop custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Contribute to the design of information and operational support systems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Oversee the company’s security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Evaluate application performance, identify potential bottlenecks, develop solutions, and implement them with the help of developers.
This position can be filled at either a DevOps or a Principal DevOps level.
- Candidate must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance to be considered (must be able to obtain/pass a polygraph)
- For a DevOps Engineer: Bachelor’s degree with 2 + years of software development experience; 0 years with a Master's; or 6 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- For a Principal DevOps Engineer: Bachelor’s degree with 5 + years of software development experience; 3 years with a Master's; 0 years with a PhD; or 9 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Administration experience with Linux or related operating systems.
- Experience in an Agile software development framework
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence)
- Security+, not needed to start, but must be able to obtain in 6 months
- VMWare Certification or Experience (vRealize Automation (vRO), vRealize Orchestrator (vRA), vSphere)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management"
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development pipeline experience
- Building applications using Jenkins or Jenkins like tools
- Manage containers using container orchestrator Docker, Kubernetes (K8s) preferred
- Build custom scripts to automate tasks using Ansible, Node.js or Java
- Source code management using Git/Bitbucket
- Administration experience of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible and/or Terraform
- Experience of administering virtualized or containerized systems in VMWare and Docker
- Working practices, such as Git Branching and release schedules
- Experience of secure virtualization and containerization system design
- Experience of designing, deploying, and troubleshooting networking, including subnetting, VLANs and VPNs
- Experience of designing, deploying, and administering cloud-based solutions such as Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Experience of secure network architecture design
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.