Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Enterprise Services - (23-445 & 23-446)
Requisition ID: R10122156
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal Software Engineer – Enterprise Services to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Colorado Springs, CO.
This position is for a Sr. Principal Software Engineer on the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program. The selected candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java language for the Enterprise Services team.
- Under minimal direction, provide specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
- Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products.
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications.
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation.
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications and may require minor instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Leadership position on small software focused teams may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree and 7 years of related experience, or 4 years with a PhD. Or 13 years of related experience in lieu of the degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration and verification testing
- Knowledge and experience implementing Cyber Security/RMF requirements and mitigations.
- Software engineering and software development with strong Java/J2EE experience.
- Experience with common software development and management tools such as maven, git/gitea, nexus and Eclipse.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business needs.
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD issued Secret security clearance which is required to start.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable
- Small Team leadership experience desired.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.