Principal Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer - C2BMC - (23-525)
Requisition ID: R10128968
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal Modeling & Simulation Applications Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be in Colorado Springs, CO.
As a Principal Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer, the candidate will work with the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) on the Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Applications team.
- Design, implement, integrate, test, and support the software development lifecycle with peer reviews, documentation, and configuration management, adhering to the Agile development process.
Please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 5 years of related experience or a Master’s degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of experience, or a PhD and 0 years, or 9 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Full software lifecycle development experience is required and the ability to use OOD, OOP, XML, UML, and JAVA on a Linux/Windows platform.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally up-to 30% to support business needs.
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret security clearance which is required to start.
- Experience developing and integrating missile defense simulation applications, and tools.
- Experience using C++ or other object-oriented programming languages is desired.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and process using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, NEXUS, GITEA and GitLab is highly desired.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.