Sr. Principal Software Engineer - JEMINI - C2BMC - (23-374)
Requisition ID: R10116633
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado, United States of America | Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr Principal Engineer Software – JEMINI Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer working on the C2BMC JEMINI program. The candidate will primarily be responsible for software development using Java.
- Provide in-depth analysis and technical support of a large, distributed system written in Java.
- Perform complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, integration, and user support for a large code baseline.
- Follow specifications to develop or modify functionality within the code
- Assist with design, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation
- Interface with other system support groups to resolve problems, set standards, and improve the overall efficiency of the system
- Design, code, test, and implement tools for automation
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to review performance issues, identify root causes, recommend and develop a solution
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years of related experience, or a PhD and 4 years of related experience, or 13 years related experience in lieu of a degree
- Java experience
- Knowledge of software practices and coding standards
- Previous experience with message translation software
- Automated test and pipeline development experience
- Experience developing software for Unix/Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with Software Integration testing, including developing automated test scripts
- Experience with Risk Management Framework/STIG/Fortify mitigation
- Prior experience designing and developing microservices and deploying with containers; experience setting up a container environment
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD issued Secret security clearance which is required to start and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / SCI (TS/SCI) clearance
- Security+ or equivalent is highly desired
- Top Secret / SCI (TS/SCI) clearance
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Familiarity with Java Spring
- Familiarity with containerization tools such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of server-side development and message passing
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Use of common software development and management tools such as git, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Maven or Gradle, and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and UML diagrams
- Command and control system application development
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.