Sr. Principal Software Engineer - C2BMC - (23-430 & 23-431)
Requisition ID: R10120850
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal Engineer Software – JEMINI Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position is for a Sr. Principal Software Engineer on the C2BMC JEMINI program. The selected candidate will be responsible for software development using Java. Will solve complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Work is performed without appreciable direction and is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-time perspective. Erroneous decisions would normally result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives. Function in project leadership roles and represents the organization as prime customer contact on significant technical matters on contracts.
- Work independently or with a small group.
- Be flexible in a highly dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Provide in-depth analysis and technical support of a large, distributed system written in Java.
- Perform complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, integration, and user support for a large code baseline.
- Develop or modify functionality within the code.
- Assist with design, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Interface with other system support groups to resolve problems, set standards, and improve the system's overall efficiency.
- Design, code, test, and implement tools for automation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree and 7 years of related experience, or 4 years of related experience with a PhD.
- Excellent Java experience.
- Good understanding of software practices and coding standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to review performance issues, identify root causes, recommend and develop a solution.
- Experience working as part of an Agile team.
- Familiarity with Java Spring
- Familiarity with containerization tools such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of server-side development and message passing
- Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking.
- Experience with common software development and management tools such as git, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Maven or Gradle, and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and UML diagrams.
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret security clearance which is required to start, and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA) is highly desired
- TS/SCI clearance is highly desired
- Command and control system application development
- Previous experience with message translation software
- Automated test and pipeline development experience
- Experience developing software for Unix/Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with Software Integration testing, including developing automated test scripts
- Experience with Risk Management Framework/STIG/Fortify mitigation
- Prior experience designing and developing microservices and deploying with containers; experience setting up a container environment
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.