Sr. Principal Software Engineer - C2BMC - JEMINI - (23-478)
Requisition ID: R10125981
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Schriever Space Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO.
The selected Sr. Principal Software Engineer on the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications program (C2BMC) will support the development of software on C2BMC and JEMINI programs. Will be responsible for performing in-depth analysis and provide technical support of large distributed systems written in Java, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support. Will also assist with the design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system.
- Responsible for software development in the Java language.
- Maintains currency, debugs, and configures related software products.
- Work from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation.
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications and which may require some instruction and guidance.
- Provide leadership on a small software focused teams at times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years of related experience, or a PhD and 4 years of related experience, or 13 years related experience in lieu of a degree
- Software engineering and software development with Java/JEE experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business needs
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD issued Secret security clearance which is required to start and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / SCI (TS/SCI) clearance
- Experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience with database design, management, and maintenance
- Experience with Hibernate, SQL and PostgreSQL/Enterprise DB
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Experience with Java foundation classes and toolkits
- Knowledge of server side/database development and computer system administration
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Use of common software development and management tools such as GIT, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Maven or Gradle and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and UML diagrams
- Command Nexand control system application development
- Previous experience with message translation software
- Automated test and pipeline development experience desired; test driven development
- Experience developing software for Unix/Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with Software Integration testing including developing automated test scripts
- Prior experience designing and developing microservices and deploying with containers; experience setting up a container environment
- Experience with Risk Management Framework/STIG/Fortify mitigation
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD issued Top Secret / SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.