Principal Software Engineer - X Lab - C2BMC - (23-512)
Requisition ID: R10130126
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer – C2BMC X-Lab to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This is not a remote work position and will be located onsite full-time at the Missile Defense Integration and Operations Center (MDIOC) at Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
The X-Lab is a very fast paced and dynamic environment. The X-Lab is responsible for developing and integrating future looking prototypes for the Missile Defense System.
- Sensor/Weapon Integration, Algorithm Development, User Interface Development, and other critical leading-edge missile defense technologies.
- The Principal Software Engineer's primary responsibility is to work as a mid-level X-Lab software development team member to develop and test innovative solutions supporting X-Lab projects and experiments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 5 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of related experience, or a PhD and 0 years of related experience, or 9 years related experience in lieu of a degree
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Demonstrable experience with container-based architectures
- Demonstrable experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Pipelines
- Software development with Java
- Ability to clearly and effectively present technical approaches and findings
- Possess an understanding of software development processes and principles and be able to communicate the desired capabilities to developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and system users.
- Adapt to changing requirements and design challenges that require novel solutions, fast-paced activities, and tight deadlines.
- Applicants must have an active in-scope Secret security clearance which is required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / SCI clearance.
- An active TS/SCI clearance is highly desired.
- Non-Standard work hours are likely during event execution.
- Ability to refactor code for reusability, readability, and maintainability in an object-oriented codebase.
- Application deployment, integration, and troubleshooting, Operating systems experience with Windows & Unix/Linux.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, Maven, Git/GitLab, Kubernetes/Helm Charts, Elixir, Docker, NodeJS, React, Python, Ansible.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.