Embedded Software Engineer / Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R10117417
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Exciting position offers the opportunity to directly create, implement and evaluate software for displays in a cockpit environment. Not your average sustainment role! Come in from the beginning where the architecture and framework are being developed from the ground-up!
The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The candidate will interface on occasion with the customer and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential.
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
This position can be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited university AND 2 years of experience OR a Masters in STEM.
Principal Software Engineer:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited university AND 5 years of experience OR a masters and 3 years of experience.
- Active DoD Secret level clearance (in-scope), with the ability to obtain (and maintain) special program access (PAR)
- Experience developing software/writing code in C++ and python
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug SW integration issues on target HW
- Knowledge and experience developing object oriented SW
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- 1 year experience with real time embedded SW development and VxWorks
- Familiarity with software change management tools (e.g. JIRA, Bitbucket, Git )
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing software for safety critical embedded system – Target hardware
- Experience integrating and debugging software on target hardware
- Experience of 2-3 years with VXWORKS
- Experience of 2-3 with Linux systems
- Experience with Level 5 SRS testing via python scripting
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Familiarity with software requirements tools such as DOORS and Rational Rhapsody
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.