Requisition ID: R10116098
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Warner Robins, Georgia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems Sector needs you to join our team as a Software Engineer and be a part of our AN/ALR-56M program. The AN/ALR-56M is a Radar Warning Receiver installed on our F-16 and C-130J aircrafts.
This position is located at Warner Robins, GA and you will be required to work onsite daily.
You will need to be able to do 10% overnight travel if/as needed.
In this position you will develop, integrate, test, document and deliver software upgrades in support of system integration testing. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of difficult problems and drive to a solution while working in a supportive team environment.
Your specific responsibilities include:
* Develop, modify, maintain, and test embedded software using software engineering best practices and standards.
* Participate in the full life cycle of software development, to include requirements development, application development, modular testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and upgrades.
* Apply technical expertise in solving complex integration problems.
* Interact frequently with Program Management, external suppliers and/or government customers.
A minimum of 6 years of software engineering experience and a High School diploma or equivalent.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited university AND a minimum of 2 years of systems or software engineering experience OR a master’s degree in one of the above listed majors.
* Experience developing software in C/C++
* Ability to obtain/maintain a US Department of Defense Secret level security clearance within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
* Current secret or higher security clearance
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
* Experience in C/C++ programming within a Linux/VxWorks environment
* Experience developing custom displays and user interfaces
* Familiarity with Qt Integrated Development Environment
* Familiarity with Electronic Warfare (EW) principles
* Familiarity with software configuration management tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Redmine, Subversion, etc.)
* Familiarity with Software integration and test techniques
* Familiarity with integration of avionics interfaces (Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC-429, etc.)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.