Principal/Sr Principal Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R10123512
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Warner Robins, Georgia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems Sector needs you to join our team as a Principal/Senior Principal Software Engineer and be a part of our Embedded Software Engineering Team. In this role you will be supporting our B-1B Electronic Warfare Software Program. You will be an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of engineers focused on the modernization and sustainment of the ALQ-161 system for the B-1B platform. The ideal candidate will possess technical expertise and collaborative people skills with the proven ability to work within a technically diverse and fast-paced team.
This position is located at Warner Robins, GA and you will be required to work onsite daily.
You will need to be able to do 10% overnight travel if/as needed.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
* Design, develop, modify, and maintain software using software engineering best practices and standards.
* Participate in the full life cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, software development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance.
* Apply technical expertise in solving complex integration problems.
* Frequently interact with Program Management, external suppliers and/or government customers, therefore excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential to succeeding in this role.
*Proficient in C/C++ and/or Ada programming language
*Proficient in all areas of formal software lifecycle process from requirements to testing
*Must currently hold or be able to obtain and maintain a U.S Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level security clearance
For Principal Engineer -
* Must have at bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of direct relevant experience
For Sr Principal Engineer –
* Must have at bachelor’s degree and at least 9 years of direct relevant experience
*Bachelor of Science (B.S) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent STEM related discipline is highly preferred
*Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
*Experience programming in Ada
*Experience using Jira/Bitbucket and Git
*Experience working in a fast paced, Agile environment with the ability to work on a cross-functional Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
*Experience with Electronic Warfare (EW) principles
*Experience with Radar systems
*Active Secret Security Clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.