Manager Software Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10118525
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill Manager Level 2 Software and Digital Technologies (SWDT) positions for a front-line manager in both our Targeting and RFCIS product lines for our Rolling Meadows, IL location. The selected candidate will report to either the Targeting Department Manager or the RFCIS Department Manager supporting the Rolling Meadows, IL site. Minimal travel is expected.
The successful manager will:
- Be responsible for driving strong technical, cost, and schedule performance in support of division contracts.
- Be responsible for staffing projections, and execute staffing plans in accordance with staffing projections.
- Be responsible for regular communications with direct employees, including increasing inclusion and engagement, mentoring and career development, employee training, and performance management
- Be accountable for recruiting of talent, to include candidates for entry-level positions as well as experienced candidates for mid and senior-level positions.
- Be responsible for reviewing organizational metrics with applicable program and organizational leadership
- Be responsible for championing and driving adoption of the NG Engineering Playbook.
- BS/BA degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline with a minimum of 10 years related Software Engineering experience.
- Experience and depth of understanding in software engineering principles, and the full engineering lifecycle
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Experience leading small-to-medium technical teams in successful delivery of technical solutions, engineering artifacts, and operational software.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance.
- Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline with 5 years experience in an agile environment
- Applied knowledge of Product Line Management
- Ability to connect the company’s capabilities to existing and potential customers to support business development
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.