Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R10126979
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
As a Sr. Principal Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
Northrop Grumman is looking to add to our talented team of Embedded Software Engineers. Our engineers are self-starters who are part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software to meet our customer’s high expectations.
The Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products such as laboratory electronic warfare (EW) and Range training and simulation systems. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel. The ideal individual will have experience including the full software development life cycle, which includes: requirements, design, coding, testing, and integration.
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Software Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 9 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum 7 years of relevant professional work experience or in lieu of a degree, an additional 4+ years of experience is required.
- Experience in embedded software programming on CPUs, microcontrollers, DSPs or ARM cores embedded in FPGAs/SoCs using C/C++.
- Experience with large project configuration management in Git or ClearCase.
- Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems (Linux or VxWorks)
- Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems
- Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools.
- US Citizen and must have Interim Secret Clearance prior to start. Once started, must be able to obtain and maintain Active Secret Security Clearance
- Understanding of high-speed digital signal processing design
- Experience with scripting languages such as: Python, Linux shell scripting.
- Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing.
- Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with tools such as: communication bus analyzers
- Experience using Model Based Engineering, UML (Unified Modeling Language), OOAD (Object-orientated Analysis and Design) and OOP (Object Orientated Programming)
- Experience with interfaces such as: MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, Serial and/or
- Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
- Experience in embedded software programming on microcontrollers, DSPs (Digital Signal Processing) or ARM (Advanced RISC Machines) cores embedded in FPGAs (Field-Programmable Gate Arrays) /SoCs (System on a Chip)
- Understanding of digital signal processing design
- Differentiating characteristics include demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic self-starter
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.