Space TS/SCI Sr Principal Engineer Embedded Software (Up to $15k in sign-on bonus for eligible candidates!)
Requisition ID: R10130322
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Payload and Ground Systems Division (PGSD) of the Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to be responsible for full life-cycle product development of new software subsystems and defense electronics as well as customization of current systems to support customer needs.
As a Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer, you will be driving development of our next generation products by leading requirements analysis and system architecture, coding, design and verification using state of the art tools and techniques. Our products are integrated with our customers’ machines and systems and many of the applications are highly customized and unique. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with embedded software design experience with focus on software interactions with real time systems, signal processing, and secure software solutions.
Up to $15k sign on bonus for qualified candidates ($10k for Active/Current TS/SCI with additional $5k for poly)
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 9 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum of 7 years of relevant experience OR PhD with minimum of 4 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or comparable STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) degree
- Experience developing embedded software in C/C++
- Working knowledge of RTOS (RTLinux, VxWorks, Integrity) concepts and operation
- Experience developing in a hybrid Linux/Windows environment
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI, which requires U.S. Citizenship
- Active or Current Top Secret clearance with SCI and poly
- Working knowledge of Software Defined Radio (SDR) platforms and architectures
- Experience with Linux Embedded real-time OS development (Yocto)
- Experience with System on a Chip (Xilinx, Altera) software/FPGA integration
- Experience leading and defining software development and architecting activities
- Experience implementing and defining digital signal processing algorithms
- Experience with hands-on hardware testing, debugging and board bring-up
- Experience with GNU Radio and/or Redhawk SDR development
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.