Space Staff Embedded Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R10128517
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems is seeking multiple Embedded Software Engineers in Linthicum, MD with the desire to learn new technologies to join the Remote Sensing Programs Software team to help develop, enhance and maintain software on cutting edge space products and systems.
The systems the software engineer will be working on are focused on sensor command and control (embedded systems), sensor system test (command of test equipment and emulation) for a variety of Space platforms. Selected individuals will work on an agile development team, primarily using C, C++, Python, or TCL. The individual will work through all phases of the software development cycle including design, development, integration, and test.
The selected individual will conduct reviews of software-related products, software designs, and additional technical documents.
The responsibilities include: active participation in cross-functional scrum teams, design reviews, and other reviews, as required. The selected individual will actively participate in technical, peer-reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end-to-end system point of view. Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a team environment. Existing engineering and system specialists will be made available to assist with any activities associated with executing primary tasking. However, the selected individuals will be expected to prioritize and make recommendations to Technical Leads, as required, to implement tasking assigned.
While not all positions will require an active clearance to start, all positions are contingent on the candidate’s ability to obtain and hold a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another STEM discipline with 14+ years of related experience, or Master's degree with 12 years or a PhD with 9 years, or in lieu of degree, 20+ years of related experience
- Experience developing in C, C++, Python, and/or TCL
- Experience developing in a hybrid Linux/Windows environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI
- Experience as a member of an Agile Scrum team
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience in embedded C++ optimizations
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Experience with Linux embedded real-time OS development (Yocto)
- Hands-on Hardware testing experience.
- Ability to debug complex integrated applications or test setup issues
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.