Staff Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R10123560
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Bethpage, New York, United States of America | Camarillo, California, United States of America | Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America | Hollywood, Maryland, United States of America+ 3 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector, Software Engineering Group, Bethpage, NY is seeking multiple Staff Software Engineers (Level 5) to fill roles on the EA-18G Growler/NGJ Program.
As the lead developer of Software Engineering Products for some of the most advanced USN Platforms in the U.S. arsenal, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a world leader in advanced software systems and design. These include platforms such as EA-18G Growler and Next Generation Jammer.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven problem solver. Employee will support the entire product lifecycle development, from design & implementation through test and debugging to ensure that product requirements are met. They will work closely with systems engineers, hardware design engineers, other software engineers, and customers, troubleshooting and correcting root causes of various system level issues.
Additionally, the selected individual will conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and technical documents. The responsibilities include active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews, and other reviews, as required. The selected individual will actively participate in the technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end-to-end system point of view. Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a team environment. The selected individuals will be expected to prioritize and make recommendations to Technical Leads, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree.
- A minimum of 14 years of experience in a related industry (12 years with MS, 9 years with PhD)
- Proficiency in C++
- Proficiency in working with real time embedded software
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance
- Candidates must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S Secret clearance prior to starting employment
- Active secret clearance (or higher)
- Experience in algorithmic application development and optimization
- Experience in real-time embedded software development knowledge of Radar, signal processing and/or target tracking systems
- Experience with VxWorks and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Coverity and/or KlocWork tools
- Experience in Open Architecture Solutions
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set, kubernetes, Model Based Engineering, and DevSecOps best practices
- Excellent integration troubleshooting skills
- Technical leadership experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Link to Benefits: https://totalrewards.northropgrumman.com/
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position is contingent upon the ability to obtain/maintain DoD Secret Clearance and Special Program Access (SAP) prior to starting.
This position is contingent upon the ability to obtain/maintain DoD Secret Clearance and Contract Award.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.