Principal DevOps Engineer (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10123014
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Beavercreek, Ohio, United States of America | Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS), Beavercreek Ohio, is seeking a DevOps Engineer to maintain and enhance capabilities in support of programs at the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. NASIC is the Department of Defense’s primary source for foreign air and space threat analysis. NASIC is the Air Force’s service intelligence center, the nation’s air and space intelligence center, and an operational wing in the Air Force ISR enterprise.
Summary of Responsibilities
As a DevOps engineer, you will combine software development and IT operations to create a more streamlined and efficient development process by implementing and managing the DevOps approach within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 5 years’ experience OR a master’s degree with 3 years' experience OR a high school diploma/equivient with 9 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance with SCI
- Experience with configuration and administration of DevOps tools
- Experience in development and maintenance of CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with OCI-compliant container technology and tools
- Experience with Linux Operating System
- Active CompTIA Security+, CASP, or CISSP certification
- Kubernetes related certifications such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), CKAD (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer), CKS (Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist), KCSP (Kubernetes Certified Service Provider)
- Experience hardening, securing the Kubernetes cluster with monitoring and auditing dashboards
- Experience developing automation techniques that improve deployment speed and service reliability in the containerized environment
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and Ruby for automation tasks
- Experience working in an Agile environment/working knowledge of Agile principles and practices
- Experience with project/issue tracking software tools like Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of Microservice Architectures
- Experience with distributed revision-control systems such as Git
- Experience with web services and APIs, and an understanding of testing for web-based APIs with tools such as Postman
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.