Sr Principal Embedded Software Engineer (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10125256
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Beavercreek, Ohio, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join our team as a Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer based out of Beavercreek, OH. This role incorporates research, software development, and integration with a broad cross section national and international defense systems. We continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation.
What You’ll get to Do:
- Design and build embedded software prototypes to demonstrate new concepts for virtualizing processor hardware on modern platforms
- Leverage embedded programming skills for real-time software in diverse systems including radars, ships, aircraft, satellites, and other applications
- Research and develop techniques for automatically generating software from models
- Help our talented Agile team solve challenging problems that have real-world impact
- Proactively interact with customers by presenting project status, technical findings, and technical demonstrations
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to the mission. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us build upon our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our team, you’ll be expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to grow in your career.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is a trusted provider of mission critical technology. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
- 9+ years of Engineering experience with a Bachelors of Science in a STEM discipline; 7 years of Engineering experience with Masters, 4 years of experience with a PhD
- Current/ Active Secret Clearance
- Software design and implementation
- Software configuration management
- Linux/Unix programming and command line
- Demonstrated use of high-level programming languages such as C, C++
- Understanding of Computer Architecture
- Experience with Assembly programming
- Experience in security architecting and coding
- Demonstrated technical writing and oral communication skills
- Experience with I/O programming: Ethernet, Serial, MIL-STD-1553, or other
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of a software development team.
- Ability to mentor other engineers in a technical skill area
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical issues
- Experience with technical public speaking (Requirements, Design, or Test reviews, Project status reviews, etc.)
- Experience with writing proposals or business capture
- Experience leading a team
- Experience planning a project
- Experience reporting status to Program Management
- Familiar with Agile processes
- Experience with Software Development Tools: VS Code, git, Jira
- Familiarity with PowerPC, x86_64, ARM64, or Motorola 68K programming or instruction set
- Experience with real-time programming
- Familiarity with WindRiver Tornado or Workbench
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience using Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience using static code analysis tools such as SonarQube, Fortify, etc
- Experience with embedded operating systems such as VxWorks or Green Hills Software Integrity OS
- Experience with Object-Oriented development and UML based design development tools
- Experience with software test tools such as Vectorcast or Googletest.
- Experience as Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.