Engineer Software/Software Engineer-Oklahoma City
Requisition ID: R10115771
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 2
Join Northrop Grumman on our mission to support Global Sustainment and Modernization worldwide. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Are you ready to put your years of experience to work at Northrop Grumman? Northrop Grumman Defense Sector (NGDS) is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing Digital Sustainment & Modernization Environment (DSME) team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
You will become a part of the team developing the DSME. The DSME is an analytics-driven, web-based ecosystem that encompasses all aspects of system sustainment to increase availability and enable mission success. The DSME allows visibility into future sustainment needs by predicting what to do, when to do it, how much it will cost, and what the impacts will be. It provides real-time visibility into current maintenance activities, stockage and parts availability, support equipment and personnel.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. .
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Assists in development and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists in Development software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Assists in design, model, and document the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for metrics and analytics.
- Effectively generating ideas and supporting building data tools to effectively automate analysis processes and repetitive tasks.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical and analytical techniques to provide ongoing reports and visualizations.
- Requirement gathering, design, code, and test new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Must have at least one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience.
- A Master’s degree in software engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 0 years of engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain/maintain access to work on-site in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Experience in programming (C#, C++, or similar).
- Experience with Web Application Programming
- Familiarity with SQL and a relational database management system (RDBMS)
- Experience developing in ASP.NET
- Agile software development skills and familiarity with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo)
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher).
- Experience in relational database SQL queries, scripting, and automation.
- Experience with design, code, integration, and test of large distributed systems
- Experience with automated testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with aerospace industry and military standards
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.