Manager Software Engineering 1– 10067
Requisition ID: R10118950
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Manager Software Engineering 1. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The candidate will be responsible for assessing staffing needs, current as well as projected and working with the respective team leads to address those needs. He/she will also be responsible for supporting recruitment activities including the creation of requisitions, conducting interviews, and approving offers. Responsibilities include working with the program software manager and technical leads in establishing personal program and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments for subordinates. The candidate will provide their subordinates with career development recommendations, mentoring, discipline, as necessary. The selected candidate will acquire the necessary computers, equipment and tools to enable their subordinates to perform their work and will generate training plans based on the program and their subordinates' needs. It is expected that the candidate will provide their team with regular flow down of company and organizational status and appropriately represent and be a spokesperson for the Software Engineering organization to their group, assigned project, and the company.
The candidate will have 80% technical responsibilities, which are based on mission needs. This role may include Cost Account Management duties.
This role will also:
- Set and promote high standards for engineering development
- Foster a working environment which reinforces and drives accountability to fundamental Northrop Grumman Values focused on integrity, quality, shared success, and innovation.
- Partner with engineering and program management peers to assure a balanced and efficient assignment of resources to support and achieve key mission priorities
- Coach, support, train, and motivate team members to ensure a high level of performance
- Collaborate with peers and direct management in resource planning and hiring activities
- Perform software engineering technical tasks as defined by the program support team
This position is a dual-hat position requiring the candidate to perform functional management activities as well as program responsibilities. It is expected that the Functional management role will comprise up to 20% of the candidate's time.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant professional experience; or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
At least one year of experience leading projects or cross-functional teams
1+ years experience in software development using languages such as Java, Python, C#
1+ years experience with Agile principles to include Kanban, Scrum
1+ years experience leading Software Engineering teams
Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Current Secret Clearance
- Experience with individual contributor performance assessments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning skills with the ability to solve issues and predict potential programmatic and technical risks
- Operates independently with limited to no supervision, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, peers, and customers
- Able to assimilate information from multiple sources, create coherent plans and then execute those plans
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with minimum 3 years of software development experience; Masters with minimum 1 years of experience; an additional 2 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.