Sentinel (GBSD) Software Engineer/ Principal Software Engineer – 3665-2
Requisition ID: R10118954
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Software Engineer/ Principal Software Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
The software engineer will develop, modify, and maintain custom software and hardware interfaces using software engineering best practices and standards. They will participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. This role will support the Framework Team for Physical Security Software.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Level 2: 2 Years of Software Engineering experience with Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.; 0 Years of Software Engineering Experience with Masters in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
- Level 3: 5 Years of Software Engineering experience with Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline; 3 Years of Software Engineering Experience with Masters in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline; 0 Years of Software Engineering Experience with PhD in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
- At minimum an active DoD Top Secret level clearance is required to apply, with the ability to obtain (and maintain) special program access (PAR).
- Knowledge of software engineering
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- Knowledge in various sensor hardware such as RADAR, LiDAR, PIR, etc.
- Familiarity with software and hardware testing best practices
- U.S. Citizenship and hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 5 years.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in physical security system design
- Experience integrating and debugging software on target hardware
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, and Eclipse
- Experience with embedded software
- Familiarity with software requirements tools such as DOORS
- Familiarity with AI/ML concepts
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.