Sentinel (GBSD) Systems Security Engineer - Software Assurance (10654, 10655, 10656)
Requisition ID: R10126089
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America | Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Security Engineer - Software Assurance Engineer in support of the Sentinel program. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities, and associated infrastructure. This position is in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package. This position may also require occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States.
What You’ll Get To Do
The Mission Defense Team (MDT) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Supply Chain Software Engineer responsible for assessing and prioritizing a broad spectrum of security threats in addition to consulting subject matter experts to review, modify, and revise complex documentation for Systems Security Engineering (SSE) and Nuclear Surety (NS) teams.
Key protection activities will involve Supply Chain Software Assurance Implementation and Verification, vendor research, trusted foundry, program protection, anti-counterfeit, and supply chain security.
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment and analysis of threats, vulnerabilities, and risk for identified mission-critical functions and critical components.
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents.
- Execute completion Statement of Work requirements, Program Milestone Exit Criteria, and program maturity commitments.
- Self-starters compelled to act in the workplace without requiring prompting from supervisors.
- Support MDT with other duties as assigned.
- Travel: 10%
In addition to technical skills, you will be a self-starter with strong time management skills. Your organizational skills and ability to anticipate future challenges will serve you well.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of experience with Bachelor's degree, 0 years of experience with Master's degree
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret / Top Secret Clearance and SAP
- Experience with any of the following - Software coding principles, software lifecycle and software assurance standards.
- Experience applying and understanding Systems Security Engineering principles applicable to US Government Defense Programs.
- Experience in showing the ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Experience applying and understanding security best practices in addressing program protection risks.
- Ability to show self as team player, able to multi-task, able to generate quality work products independently, able to make excellent judgement and show interpersonal skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools.
- A solid understanding of Program Protection applicable to US Government Defense Programs and applied knowledge in the application of SSE principles across a broad spectrum of security measures (Cybersecurity, Counterfeit Awareness, Anti-Tamper, HW/SW Assurance, OPSEC, etc.) to protect critical program information (CPI).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.