Software Engineering Manager 2 – 10765 *
Requisition ID: R10127669
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Software Engineering Manager 2 – 10765 *. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel program.
This position is a dual-hat position requiring the candidate to perform functional management activities as well as the individual's current program responsibilities on program. It is expected that the Functional management role will comprise 10% to 20% of the candidate's time.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Responsible for assessing staffing needs, current as well as projected and working with the respective team leads to address those needs.
• Responsible for supporting recruitment activities including the creation of requisitions, conducting interviews, and approving offers.
• Work with program leaders in establishing personal, program, and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments for subordinates.
• Provide their subordinates with career development recommendations, mentoring, discipline, as necessary.
• Acquire the necessary computers, equipment, and tools to enable their subordinates to perform their work.
• Generate training plans based on the program and their subordinates' needs.
• Provide their group with regular flow down of company and organizational status and appropriately represent and be a spokesperson for the organization to their group, assigned project, and the company.
• Set and promote high standards for engineering development.
• Foster a working environment which reinforces and drives accountability to fundamental Northrop Grumman Values focused on integrity, quality, shared success, and innovation.
• Partner with engineering and program management peers to assure a balanced and efficient assignment of resources to support and achieve key mission priorities.
• Coach, support, train, and motivate team members to ensure a high level of performance.
• Initiate and lead continuous improvement activities which establish high quality and efficient DevOps/Development processes.
• Collaborate with peers and direct management in resource planning and hiring activities.
• Work with various team members to lead automation and integration of functionality with other software environment.
• Automate scheduled jobs to reduce labor intensive tasks. (i.e. Scheduling tasks and automating deployments of new/updated scripts)
• Work with Atlassian application suite and other pipeline tools as needed.
The candidate will have 80% technical responsibilities: leading teams that develop, modify, and maintain systems using engineering best practices & standards This role may include Cost Account Management and Risk Management duties.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 6 years of experience; Masters with minimum 4 years of experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship and Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
- 1+ years experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Masters degree in engineering.
- 3+ years leading a team, including mentoring and coaching.
- Experience with individual contributor performance assessments.
- Experience with individual contributor performance assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning skills with the ability to solve issues and predict potential programmatic and technical risks.
- General understanding of NG Engineering Processes
- Working knowledge and/or experience across engineering disciplines.
- Experience managing an engineering team is preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile engineering and Jira.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.