Sentinel Principal Embedded Software Engineer – 10772, 10773, 10074
Requisition ID: R10128614
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Principal Embedded Software Engineer – 10772, 10773, 10074. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel program.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs hard real-time embedded software containing logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of embedded systems for safety and mission critical software. Must be able to work and collaborate with a team of software engineers in an Agile environment to meet critical milestones. Ensures program mandated software standards and compliance criteria are met. Understands and can develop in a continuous integration tool chain environment meeting technical and compliance requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in a STEM discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
- Experience in a formal technical lead position.
- Experience with C++ and object-oriented design.
- Experience with full life cycle of software development and Agile software development.
- Experience with architecting and/or writing requirements and/or developing software applications for flight system.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience developing missile flight systems software.
- Experience with developing software for hardware devices.
- Experience developing software for a hard real time system.
- Experience with DO-178C compliance.
- Experience with nuclear surety requirements (AFMAN 91-119).
- Able to assimilate information from multiple sources, create coherent plans and then execute those plans.
- Experience developing or debugging operating system software targeted for an embedded system.
- Familiarity with Jira.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.