Sentinel System Test Principal Software Engineer – 10848
Requisition ID: R10128631
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking System Test Principal Software Engineer – 10848. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel program.
The successful candidate will support element level software coding & development which includes:
Software Design, develop, and unit testing software code.
Experienced in the development of Test Automation for SW and hardware integration
Technical experience in software, computer hardware and network, interconnection and/or interfacing technologies
Collaborate with software engineers, hardware engineers and lab tester to ensure test requirements are met
Develop and release engineering documentation including:
o Perform Model Based System Engineering data analysis against requirements and interfaces for each software build
o Interface with Hardware-In-The- Loop testers and systems engineers in support of verification
o Software integration, regression, and verification testing including checkout in system test labs.
o Generation of CDRLs, software design description documents and diagrams
Experience in AGILE SW Development and test automation principles
The selected candidate should thrive in a software development teamwork environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
The selected candidate should have good verbal & written communication skills in technical and non-technical communications
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 05 Years with Bachelors in Science; 03 Years with Masters; 00 Years with PhD or 4 additional years in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
- SW Development Experience in Windows, Linux, and VM environments
- Proficiency in software development in C/C++, Python, Linux
- 5+ years architecting and/or writing requirements and/or developing software applications for flight system.
- Experience developing in an Agile environment.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with AGILE Software development processes.
- Proficiency with Atlassian Tools such as: Jira, Confluence, Git/GitLab, etc.
- Knowledge of test concepts: automation, data capture, reporting.
- Experience in using LabView, Interactive Analysis and Display System (IADS) software.
- Security+ (or higher) Certification.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.