Staff Engineer GN&C Flight and Embedded Software Architect Lead – 10857
Requisition ID: R10128638
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America | Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Staff Engineer GN&C Flight and Embedded Software Architect Lead – 10857. This position will be located in Roy, Utah or Huntsville, Alabama and will support the Advanced Programs.
The Candidate’s role will be Staff Engineer Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Models and Simulation (M&S). This is a hands-on technical position--a deep understanding GN&C) Models and Simulation (M&S) engineering is required.
The selected candidate will design, develop, test, integrate, document, and deliver Flight Software in support of the Advanced Programs Guidance Navigation, and Control team. The candidate’s role will be as Flight Software Technical Lead Engineer, coach, and mentor to less experienced team members. This is a hands-on technical position--a deep understanding of software engineering is required.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 14 Years with Bachelors in a STEM discipline; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access (SAP).
- Experience developing and fielding software, deterministic real time embedded software, and C & C++.
- Experience with software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance.
- Experience in directing software/system architecture decisions and developing command and control software.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide management inputs for SW metrics and schedule planning.
- Ability to team plan, execute, and manage the technical scope, and support leadership planning.
- Experience with Agile and working in cross-function Scrum team.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Experience in algorithmic application development, integration, and optimization
- Experience in real-time embedded software development, including real-time multi-threaded architecture design, w/ knowledge of guidance and control systems.
- Experience with VxWorks or Integrity Operating Systems, Visual Studio, MATLAB, Simulink, and Coverity
- Experience with Git, Gitlabs, or Bitbucket
- Experience in Model Based Engineering, and Software Development best practices.
- Experience with building low-level code to interact with hardware, assembly and low-level code optimization.
- Experience in compilation and link techniques for achieving memory usage and partitioning design objectives.
- Experience in integration troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Board Support Package development and integration.
- Experience with DO-178C Flight Critical Systems Safety programming
- Experience with certification, airworthiness, testing, and qualification of flight and safety critical systems.
- Current Security + Certification
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.